Issued Zones: Northeast Arizona North and East of the Rim …
Site: Arizona Weather Force has issued a Wind Advisory effective Thursday …
Date: 1/15/20 at 11:10am PT
Forecast: A weather system will come into Arizona on your Thursday, This is not so much a snow producer given the dry air in place, other than the Blizzard Warning I have issued for the Mt. Baldy area (Sunrise Park) where they are well over 8,000 FT and enough for heavy snowfall to fall.
The Rim however will get some 30-45 mph wind gusts starting midnight tonight and lasting till Thursday mid-afternoon where the wind speeds will noticeably drop. Use the model below for your location and the intensity values below.
Martin Wind Gust Intensity Scale –
8. Extensive widespread damage.
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings, shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult.
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA
2. Large tree branches move, telephone wires begin to “whistle”, umbrellas are difficult to keep under control.
1. Small trees sway.
How to get these alerts with a premium subscription? (100 percent delivery time)
Click Here To Join The Special Through September 30th which takes you through monsoon season as well.
Join The Main Arizona Weather Force Facebook Page (50 percent delivery time)
Click Here To Join The Page Today!
10 mile rule: These alerts issued on this site
means that within your zone and 10 miles from you will see the event
forecast for. You may or may not see the event but it means you are in
the zone or 10 miles from where someone will.