Issued Zones: Northern and Central Colorado River Valley including Bullhead CIty, Kingman, and Lake Havasu …
Site: Arizona Weather Force has issued a Wind Advisory effective Friday evening until Saturday Evening …
Date: 12/7/23 at 11:20am local
Forecast: A storm system pushing north of the forecast area will generate strong north winds later Friday and going into Saturday. These winds will be cold, but will generate up to 30-50 mph wind gusts. Although short of official High Wind Warning criteria, they are enough for an advisory.
Raiden Storm Wind Gust Intensity Scale –
8. Extensive widespread damage.
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone. This zone also is the starting zone where trees and powerlines will fall and damage cars and even kill people near or in them!
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings; shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult.
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD DURING FIRE WEATHER / WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA
Winds will be stronger this next week, with an incredibly strong system pushing thermal gradients up in these zones, so this will be a cake walk compared to this next week’s event.
Stay tuned to Arizona Weather Force for this next week’s update by around Monday …
Get these alerts over the new Android and Iphone app and/or e-mail service by becoming a full member subscriber today and never miss an update from this office. Remember, you cannot just make an account on the app and get notifications. You must select your zones and then go through the payment process.
Click here to learn more.
Join the Facebook Page for Further Updates If You Have Not Yet!
ARIZONA WEATHER FORCE MAIN:
Join The Main Arizona Weather Force Facebook Group (50 percent delivery time) – You can join the main AZWF page as well through that group.
Click Here To Join The Page Today
10 mile rule: These alerts issued on this site
means that within your zone and 10 miles from you will see the event
forecast for. You may or may not see the event but it means you are in
the zone or 10 miles from where someone will.
Master General Meteorologist: Raiden Storm