A second arctic front will sweep across Arizona on Thursday. Various areas of the forecast area will see different weather impacts, but to highlight the focus spots you can see the entire Arizona Weather Force wind, rain, and snow model. One thing I will note is that the precipitation aspect will be 20% less than the system several days ago, but the wind impacts will be 20% higher, with Phoenix Metro having the least wind impacts out of the entire state. Again, use the model images from the AZWF models.
For the rest of the forecast, use the model images here –
Raiden Storm Wind Gust Intensity Scale –
8. Extensive widespread damage.
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone. This zone also is the starting zone where trees and powerlines will fall and damage cars and even kill people near or in them!
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings; shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult.
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD DURING FIRE WEATHER / WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA
Master General Meteorologist – Raiden Storm
Get these alerts over the new Android and Iphone app and/or e-mail service by becoming a full premium member subscriber today and never miss an update from this office. Remember, you cannot just make an account on the app and get notifications. You must select your zones and then go through the payment process.
ALSO IMPORTANT: Once you set your zones you will see notifications being BLANK UNTIL YOU GET AN ALERT. You are new on the member app, it doesn’t know you from past notifications. So just because it is blank in the beginning of service does not mean it does not work.
Click here to learn more.