Issued Zones: All of Northern and Eastern Arizona, including the Rim cities …
Site: Arizona Weather Force has issued a High Wind Warning effective now for SUNDAY …
Date: 10/23/20 at 11:20am PT
Forecast: An arctic system will approach the area, moving through the interior Western United States on Sunday. Out ahead of any precipitation dynamics will be the onshore wind from the west to end upper level jet. Wind gusts will be very strong along the mountain rim and most of Northern Arizona. Use the Martin Wind Gust Model below to know what you will expect on Sunday. On Monday, the upper low will be too close and the wind will have ceased below warning levels.
Remember, the Winter Storm Watch is also in effect for Monday in some of these zones. Click here to view that.
Martin Wind Gust Intensity Scale –
7. Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is considerable. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over CERTAIN.
6. SOME Trees are broken or uprooted, building damage is possible. – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Likely, Do NOT recommend Traveling in this zone
5. Slight damage occurs to buildings, shingles are blown off of roofs. HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA – High Profile Vehicle Roll-Over Possible if weight is not corrected.
4. Twigs and small branches are broken from trees, walking is difficult.
3. Large trees sway, becoming difficult to walk. POWER SHUTDOWN THRESHOLD WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA
How to get these alerts with a premium subscription? (100 percent delivery time)
Click Here To Join The Special Through October 30th which takes you through monsoon season as well.
Join The Main Arizona Weather Force Facebook Page (50 percent delivery time)
Click Here To Join The Page Today!
10 mile rule: These alerts issued on this site
means that within your zone and 10 miles from you will see the event
forecast for. You may or may not see the event but it means you are in
the zone or 10 miles from where someone will.